All my books are novels for adults with romance as their primary theme but exploring other aspects of life from history to fantasy with people sometimes caught in dangerous situations who must find their way to a safe landing. Some are connected books, with continuing characters-- where a secondary character might show up in a new book as a hero/heroine. Each book stands alone with no cliff hangers.

Because mine vary for the 'heat' level, I devised this chart. If you find a book that interests you, look for the hearts. Some books with strong language or mild profanity.

♥ ------holding hands, perhaps a gentle kiss
♥♥ ---- more kisses but no tongue-- no foreplay
♥♥♥ ---kissing, tongue, caressing, foreplay & pillow talk
♥♥♥♥ --all of above, full sexual experience including climax
♥♥♥♥♥ -all of above including coarser language and sex more frequent

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Rose's Gift





Following the O'Brians and their friends comes Rose's Gift.

Living in Tucson, Arizona, in 1900, Rose Redman had lost her beloved husband five years earlier. Now at sixty years, she has begun to come out of the haze that seemed to envelop her when life had changed so drastically. The help of young friends began her healing but when she looked around, she realized that the man helping with chores around her home, Ollie Oliver, was attractive to her. Before she could get past that thought, he told her he wanted to marry her.

There is much Rose has never experienced after living a safe and loving life with her husband and never having children of her own. Ollie can teach her many things while he also is given something he never expected to come to him at his age of 58—a passionate love affair with the kind of woman he only dreamed of before.

Rose’s Gift brings characters from the first three Arizona historicals together for a birth, a death and a wedding all in the holiday season. As a novella, I had the freedom to write what I wanted as a slice of life for life in Tucson in the early 1900s.


Snippet:

   The knock at the door stopped her ruminating. Was Ollie going to demand an answer she didn’t yet have? She opened the door and managed a smile. He was wearing a shirt she had never seen and had a bouquet of flowers in his hand. She stepped aside to let him enter her parlor. When Grace had entertained her beaus there, she had never imagined she might do the same.
   “I am sorry, Rose,” he said as he handed her six red roses before he sat on the sofa.  “I came on too sudden. I should’ve not pushed you like I did. I was acting like an unbroke colt.”
   She held onto the roses. It had been years since anyone had given her any. Had they ever? She dropped into a chair across from him. She should put the roses in water. She didn’t want to release them. “I didn’t feel you did that.”
   “I just... Wal, getting to my age, I don’t see the years in front of me that I left behind. I was rushin’ ya and I didn’t mean to do that.”
   “Are you taking back your question?” she asked meeting his gaze levelly.
   “Not at all. Just figured I should do some courtin’, not expect ya to just know what ya want the way I did.”
   She knew suddenly. It was such a shock to realize how much she did know. She only had one question first.
   “Do you like me?”
   He gave a little laugh. “What’s not to like? I like you a lot. You take care of those around you, offer loving touches to everybody, you cook real good, you think, and I like a woman who can think. Yes, I like you.”
   “All right... if you really do want me to marry you, the answer is yes.”
   He smiled then. It was at first a small smile but then a broader one. “You will be my wife?”
   She nodded.
   “Then, come sit here on the sofa with me, gal.”
   “Why?” But she knew.
   “I told ya what I wanted. I want to give you a little taste of it.”

For Rose, the story has just begun. 

Heat level: ♥♥♥

Amazon       Barnes & Noble       iTunes       Kobo       inktera